Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Clue #2, #3, #4




Clue #2: Develop a series of 25 patterns coming from one inspiration piece. Feel free to exaggerate, repeat, layer, and zoom.

With this...I actually had the most trouble. For the first 15 or so, it wasn't bad, but for the last 10, I started slowing down and it was harder to think of patterns and to let myself use the techniques of exaggerating, repeating, layering, and zooming in and out.


Clue #3: Construct a one-point perspective of a small reading area. Include 3 patterns.

This was a little easier...until it came to choosing the third pattern. I had a hard time deciding where it should go, how large it should be, and how much of the space it should take up. I was scared it would be pattern vomit. :(.




Clue #4: Make 3 copies of your reading area and picking a palette of no more than 4 colors, explore what happens when the colors are applied in different ways and amounts in each perspective.

I really enjoyed this clue. I've figured out that I worked best with vignetting colored pencil. and not coloring the whole item. It's simple, yet it looks SO MUCH BETTER. The grayscale perspective looks kind of shabby to me because I was trying to see what it would look like if I colored all of the bench instead of just splashes of color, and I didn't like how it turned out. However, for the other two, I really like how there is barely any color but you can still get the effect of the warmth of the rooms. I just wish the scanner would have picked up on it more :(.



No comments:

Post a Comment