As a continuation of our structure project, we were told to draw an orthographic projection, a edge detail, and a 3D image. Here's mine :).
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Our assignment this week was to create a 4x4x4 cube, using Bristol Board, that articulates the edges in some way. Then we were told to use straws to lift it 4 inches above a 8x8 base of any material. I created tabs and folded them over to secure the cube, I then made the straws act as a pedestal for the cube, because I wanted the cube to seem as if it had importance. I wanted to keep the layered or woven look, to tie everything together. So I layered multiple pieces of cardstock to use as a base, and in my final product I wove the straws around the base and nestled the ends into the gaps of the cardstock.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Our second Environmental Design project was to design a container for some special object using only paper, fabric, and thread. We had to focus on how we intersected the materials and our craft. I chose the turquoise heart-shaped rock that I bought in Italy three years ago, I bought one for me and one for my boyfriend. It's just something that has a lot of significance to our relationship. I decided I wanted to play it simple and put all the focus inside and to my special object. I stamped a simple design on the craft fabric, using rubber stamps and black ink. Then I wanted to incorporate 'all you need is love', so I stamped the top and then, multiple strips of fabric with the turquoise 'all you need is love'...to make a safe haven for the rock. On the inside, I wanted the rock to pop somehow, so I added three red strips and shaped them to mimic the shape of the heart to tie everything together.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Not the best quality picture, but here's my first IARc project. The idea behind it was to join two natural artifacts by some linear material. I decided on two leaves, one round and old...filled with holes and texture...a dull green, and a pointy red leaf...new and smooth. I joined them using a barely there thread at each of the points and putting the red leaf directly in the center to point out the similarities, although they're both so different.