Monday, September 14, 2009

Intersection



Our second Environmental Design project was to design a container for some special object using only paper, fabric, and thread. We had to focus on how we intersected the materials and our craft. I chose the turquoise heart-shaped rock that I bought in Italy three years ago, I bought one for me and one for my boyfriend. It's just something that has a lot of significance to our relationship. I decided I wanted to play it simple and put all the focus inside and to my special object. I stamped a simple design on the craft fabric, using rubber stamps and black ink. Then I wanted to incorporate 'all you need is love', so I stamped the top and then, multiple strips of fabric with the turquoise 'all you need is love'...to make a safe haven for the rock. On the inside, I wanted the rock to pop somehow, so I added three red strips and shaped them to mimic the shape of the heart to tie everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment