Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Luminescence. Part duex.

Lights on...



And lights off...


So here it is, my final IAR 101 project. But it didn't come easy...





My first rendition, I tried to make a globe...and as you can see...it just fell apart and simply didn't work. So, next, I tried to glue multiple colors of tissue paper to 2 pieces of 12x12 cardstock. When I turned the light on, however, it was too much of a bold, stark rainbow. It's not what I wanted at all. So, for my final model, I kept the 2 pieces of 12x12 cardstock and formed it in a conical, 'ray-like' shape so that I could further emphasize my 'Ray of Light' idea. And out of frustration, I ended up crumpling up tissue paper squares and placing them in the shell around the lightbulb until I was satisfied with the result. It gave off the subtle glow that I wanted to represent the softness of a sunset. Thank goodness for happy accidents :).

No comments:

Post a Comment